University of Virginia
- 4 Year
- Charlottesville, VA
2 Best Greek Life Colleges in Virginia
Sophomore: I never thought that I would love college this much! The University of Virginia is AMAZING. I have learned a great deal from each of my professors. (I recommend using ratemyprofessor and thecourseform to help you choose them). I actually enjoy going to classes that aren't based on regurgitating information but processing it and actually learning. Additionally, with thousands of clubs, there are plenty of ways to get involved. On another note, there are many stereotypes of people who come to the University, but I promise that not all of us are preppy, rich, and white, though a good portion is. The only problems I have with UVA are the prices of tuition and the honor code. Tuition is expensive and instead of giving grants UVA sometimes gives a lot of loans. Although I love the honor code and what it stands for, it seems to target minorities and foreign students.
Read 2,049 Reviews
30% Acceptance Rate
$15,945 Net Price
1240-1460 SAT Range
University of Richmond Campus Life
- of students say overall dorm quality is great.36 responses
- of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great.73 responses
- The Cellar, Passport Cafe
- Passport Cafe, eight fifteen
- of students highly rate the dining facilities.36 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.
- of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus.42 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.
- If you don't partake, you're left out.
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.
- There if you need them but not overbearing.
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.
- Men's Basketball vs. VCU
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.
- Good parties are few and far between.
- The first two weeks of the first semester are craz
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.51 responses