The definition like the Eastern culture and the Western culture seems to have the same origin. If speak in the simple words, the Eastern culture means Asia and the Western culture means Europe and the USA. These cultures were developed together for some time, but after some time they are really different. They can have some the same features, but also, they are really different ones. If you wish to order cultural analysis essay, you will like our custom writing service. You can be sure, that you will get the best cultural differences essay in the world. So, let’s check this information in detail.
What is the culture of the East and the West?
The Eastern culture is the culture of the countries like India, Japan and a lot of other ones, which have a lot of traditions and habits. They would like to continue the old traditions and to not like to change them to something new.
The Western culture is the culture of the Europe and the USA, which contains from the dynamic lifestyle, development in the countries and a lot of new technologies, which were developed.
- The Eastern culture is not developed very quickly. You can see, that there are the traditions, which were presented even 100, 200 or even more years ago. At the same time, the Western culture is developed every day. You can see a lot of changes and a lot of new things, which are added to it every day.
- The main difference in these cultures can be in the religion. The Eastern culture can have a lot of different Gods and religions. People believe not in one God, but they have a lot of them, for example, the Gods of the sky, sun and other ones. But in the Western culture is only one God and a lot of people from the West culture accept the Christianity.
- The Eastern culture is built on the different ancient traditions and rules. The West can break the rules and change them with the development.
- The West tries to find more information about this world, but the East does not like a lot of modern technologies.
- The people from the West are the masters of the nature, but the people from the West live in the nature, they are together with it.
- People from the West can show their point of view directly, in a few words. They do not use very long sentences and words, but at that time, people from the East like to use such constructions and some citations. Sometimes, it is very difficult to understand each other for peoples, that belong to the different cultures.
- For the Western culture, the person is on the first place, but if we compare it with the Eastern culture, there the person is not on the first place. You will see, that here, people live for the others, but in the Western culture, people should live for themselves only.
- It is possible to see the difference in solving the problem. People from the West see the problem and do everything possible to solve it in the shortest way. At that time, people, that live on the East, will think a lot and will do all possible to find the other solution.
- It can be the funny fact, but there is also the difference in the mood and the weather in these cultures. If there is the sunny weather, all people will be glad, but the people from the East will be glad even if there is the rain, at that time, when the people from the West will not be so happy.
- If we would like to check the life of the older people in these cultures, it can be in this way. The old people in the West spend their free time with animals or traveling, but the people in the East try to spend a lot of their free time with their children, families and relatives. It is because of the fact, that people value the family traditions a lot of the East. The detailed information you can find in the importance of family essay.
- If we check the working sphere, we will see the different attitude to the boss. In the Western culture, the boss is accepted as the usual worker, which can even be your friend and you can drink the beer with him after hard working day. But in the Eastern culture, the boss is the wisest person in the organization and people really respect him. The more detailed information you can get in the essay on cultural diversity, ordering it on our site,
- If we compare the transport system, we will see this picture. For example, in 1970 people from the West used a lot of cars, but at the same time, people from the East used the bicycles. If we compare the year 2006, we will see, that situation has changed. People from the East use a lot of cars, at that time, when people from the West try to use a lot of bicycles.
- If people went abroad, you can notice, that people from the West just look everything and try to visit every famous place. At the same time, people from the East have a lot of cameras and try to film everything they see.
- If we compare the meals, it is possible to see, that people from the West like eating different east food, at that time, when the people from the East like to eat the European cuisine.
- All of you know, that people from the West cannot imagine their life without coca cola. They can drink it every day. But at the same time, the famous drink between the people from the East is tea. They have a lot of sorts and it is possible to purchase this product in the shop. The prices are high, but you can be sure, that you are drinking the real tea.
- As we have a lot of work every day, we can notice, that usually we eat hot soup or something like it only 1 time per day. But people from the East can eat the hot dish 3 times per day.
As we can see, all people are different and because of it, the cultures are different too. It is very interesting to find some new traditions and rules for yourself every day, because of it, if you need to write the cultural competence essay, you can easily place the order on our site and you will get the essay, which will exceed all your expectations.
East Vs West
The East vs West is a term that we have all heard in many different ways but what does this actually mean? The East and West is not a physical divide by any means and instead it is more of a cultural divide meaning that the cultures of the West and the East are vastly different in many ways. Philosophers from both the East and the Western cultures have alluded to the fact that there is a great cultural drift between the East and the West.
WHAT COUNTRIES ARE CONSIDERED EAST?
Even though there is not a physical division as such, there are certain countries that are termed Eastern countries and other countries that are termed Western countries. Eastern countries tend to include:
- Islamic countries
People from the West tend to look upon the Eastern countries with ideas of foreignness and call them oriental. Others take a view that Eastern cultures are more primitive than Western with ideas of nationalism and communism.
More recently the East Vs West divide continues with the idea of Islam and terrorism giving the wrong impression of what is generally a peaceful religion. In this divide you have people believing in an Islamic East vs a European West that includes Australia and America.
Eastern religions are also seen to be different to Western religions. Eastern countries tend to believe in religions that are dominated by a pantheon of gods and each religion is different to another.
WHAT COUNTRIES ARE CONSIDERED WEST?
Countries of the West have often been termed with the ideal of Western Civilisation. This idea of Western Civilisation is not a new ideal and it forms from ancient cultures such as the Romans and the Greeks who believed the people from the East were barbaric and savages. Countries that are considered to belong to Western Civilisation include:
- European countries
People belonging to the Eastern countries often believe that the West are governed by greed and consumerism as Western people tend to be guided more by material gains than by spiritual gains.
Once it used to be a case of religion as well as culture that used to divide the East from the West. Western religion tended to be of the Catholic faith and even under the Reformation, it was the same religion but with different branches. Each of the Western religions believe in one God since the medieval times.
The East Vs West debate is not a geographical divide. Instead it is more about the different cultures and religions found all over the world.